Qtum Electrum is a lightweight Qtum wallet based on the popular bitcoin wallet Electrum。
Compared with the Qtum Core wallet, Qtum Electrum needs smaller disk space, synchronization blocks needed shorter time, it supports multiple signature and hardware wallets, also cold wallet model support, support import mobile wallet word mnemonic, adopt the SPV validation to ensure the safety at the same time.
Open https://github.com/qtumproject/qtum-electrum/releases/latest or https://qtumeco.io/wallet to find the latest download link.
If you are using linux, please refer to https://github.com/qtumproject/qtum-electrum/blob/master/README.md.
The first you open the wallet, choose “Auto Connect” to connect the servers.
Next, choose the type of wallet you want to create.
It is recommended to use
Standard Wallet for common users，choose
Create a new seed to create a new wallet, choose
I already have a seed to recover you old wallet。
If you want to recover a mnemonic from qtum mobile wallet, choose
Qtum mobile wallet compatible.
All the related transactions are shown in
Send page, input the sender's Qtum address and the amount you want to send, use the default fee rate, click
You can get your address or qr code in
Tokens on the tab to go to token page.
Right click at the while space, choose
Input the token contract address and select your binding address.
You can find token contract address on https://qtum.info/ by searching the token name.
You can see the token balance and transfer history once added.
Right click on your token, choose the functions.
Go to send page by click
Send, input sender's address and the amount you want to send.
Here we take ledger as an example.
Verify you have:
- a Ledger Nano S or a Ledger Blue;
- Windows 7+, macOS 10.8+ or Linux;
- a USB port. Use an adapter for USB-C ports;
- Google Chrome / Chromium installed.
- Qtum Electrum installed.
- Launch the Ledger Manager.
- Connect and unlock your device using your PIN code.
- Find Qtum in the list on the APPLICATIONS tab.
- Click on the green arrow button.
- Press the right button on your device when asked: Allow Ledger Manager?
- Verify that the application is correctly installed on your device by viewing its icon on the dashboard. Note: Check the solutions in this article if the device displays Unable to install application.
- Connect and unlock your device with your PIN code.
- On a Ledger Blue only: Open the Qtum app and set Browser support to No within the settings of the app.
- Launch Qtum Electrum on your computer. The wallet will open after synchronization.
- create new wallet, choose
Use a hardware device, click
Qtum Electrum is under beta test now, issue reporting is welcomed https://github.com/qtumproject/qtum-electrum/issues